But here is a simple way to have a working gdb running on your iOS device : use the one from the Apple SDK !
- a jailbroken iOS >= 4.3 device
- OpenSSH should be installed on the iOS device and should listen for connections
- an OSX machine with the iOS SDK >= 4.3 installed
How to :
- remove the gdb package from Cydia
- do the following in the OSX terminal :
cp /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/libexec/gdb/gdb-arm-apple-darwin .
lipo -thin armv7 gdb-arm-apple-darwin -output gdb
- paste the following to the OSX terminal :
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
- save the file by doing CTRL + X, then 'Y', then 'ENTER'
- now do the following in the OSX terminal :
ldid -Sentitlements.xml gdb
scp gdb root@<iOS Device IP Address>:/usr/bin/
- GDB is now installed to your iOS device.
Happy debugging !